Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MegaPurchase: The Boss RC-50 Loop Station



About a month or so ago I got this bad boy right here in hopes that it could take my "studio" tracks from Garage Band and Reason and perform them live. I've been jamming with my buddy Nate on drums, and was just noodling around layering multiple melodic bass loops borrowing my roommate's RC-20XL loop pedal, which made for some pretty interesting stuff, but the time came for me to make a purchase and I figured it'd be best to go big, so I sprung for this super deluxe model. While the reviews online tipped me off to a few of the setbacks (the biggest being that changing the tempo with the pedal drastically distorts the sound quality), it's thus far been definitely worth it. My master plan is to get some live shows going using the Loop Station here hooked up to my bass, keyboard, and -- wait for it -- iphone.

A quick breakdown of all the pedals here, from left to right, Play/Overdub, Stop, Tempo, Undo/Redo, and then the three phrase pedals to record to and toggle on and off.

We'll see how this mad experiment turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment